Projects, prototypes & pieces
Cybersyn 1973/2023 (video + spatial audio installation; collaboration, 2021)
Decoded Language (audiovisual interactive installation, 2018)
reset.discover (VR + spatial audio installation; collaboration, 2018)
Daphne’s Diary (prototype for locative audio-narrative walks; collaboration, 2017)
project Anywhere (VR framework including Omni Mask & inteliglove projects, 2015)
ESUM (prototype mobile urban measurement backpack, 2015)
John Paul George & me (interactive wearables; collaboration, 2015)
VectorRasterBleep (wearables; installation; collaboration, 2014)
xSynth (digital instrument, 2014)
The Geology of the Geology of Morals (video, 2014)
Interactive Kinetic Structures (kinetic structure prototype, 2012)
Curatorial, editorial, music & dissemination projects
Co-organizer for Noise Traffic contemporary experimental live electronics concert (Vapaan Taiteen Tila – Free Arts Space, Helsinki, 14.01.2023)
Co-organizer for lumbung Radio with Station of Commons (documenta fifteen, Kassel, 2022)
Co-chair for the biannual academic conference CAAD Futures 2021 (hosted remotely by the University of Southern California; 2020-2021)
Co-curator of the discourse program of the exhibition Digital Commoning Practices (Oksasenkatu 11, Station of Commons, Helsinki, 2021)
Co-curator of WADS Garden (RISE CY, Ars Electronica Festival, 2020)
Co-founder and co-curator of ◯ (Electronic music group and event series, Graz, 2019)
Curator, Towards the Expanded Field (Haus der Architektur, Graz, 2018)
Founder and curator of the IAM Open Lectures (IAM TU Graz, 2015-2019)
Founder of the CAADist Calendar (2016-2017)
Co-founder and co-curator of Tabletalks On Architecture (Graz, 2016-2017)
- Miltiadis, Constantinos, and Gerriet K. Sharma. ‘Beyond the Visual – A Research Curriculum for Explorations in Spatiotemporal Environments’. Journal for Artistic Research, no. 24 (27 September 2021). https://www.researchcatalogue.net/view/815001/815002.
- Miltiadis, Constantinos. ‘Oblivious to Gravity: Virtual Architecture between Disciplinary Dead Ends and Complex Intersections’. Archidoct, Variability, 8, no. 1 (2020): 24–37. http://www.archidoct.net/issue15.html.
- ———. ‘Virtual Reality, Videogames, Architecture and Education. From Utopian Drawings to Inconstructible Navigable Environments’. In Computing for a Better Tomorrow – Proceedings of the 36th ECAADe Conference, edited by A Kepczynska-Walczak and S Bialkowski, 2:815–24. Lodz, Poland: Lodz University of Technology, 2018. http://papers.cumincad.org/cgi-bin/works/paper/ecaade2018_366.
- Miltiadis, Constantinos. ‘Project Anywhere: An Interface for Virtual Architecture’. International Journal of Architectural Computing 14, no. 4 (7 October 2016): 386–97. https://doi.org/10.1177/1478077116670746.
- ———. ‘Virtual Architecture in a Real-Time, Interactive, Augmented Reality Environment – Project Anywhere and the Potential of Architecture in the Age of the Virtual’. In Real Time, edited by Bob Martens, Gabriel Wurzer, T Grasl, WE Lorenz, and R Schaffranek, 1:61–68. Vienna: Vienna University of Technology, 2015. http://papers.cumincad.org/cgi-bin/works/paper/ecaade2015_113.
- ———. ‘From the Univocal to the Dissipative. Computation and Performance Methodology in Real-Time Architecture’. In Computation and Performance, 1:517–25. Delft: Delft University of Technology, 2013. http://papers.cumincad.org/cgi-bin/works/paper/ecaade2013_206.
Contributions to volumes
Miltiadis, Constantinos. ‘Spacetime-Craft: An Archaeology of Visions and Explorations of Spatial Experience’. In Bildhafte Räume, Begehbare Bilder, edited by Kassandra Nakas and Philipp Reinfeld, 149–65. Architektur Der Medien – Medien Der Architektur 2. Paderborn, Germany: Brill | Fink, 2022. https://doi.org/10.30965/9783846767238_011.
- Miltiadis, Constantinos, and Miro Roman. ‘Groundlessness’. In Chimeras: Inventory of Synthetic Cognition, edited by Ilan Manuach and Anna Engelhardt, 310–12. Athens: Onassis Foundation, 2022. https://www.onassis.org/culture/publications/chimeras-inventory-of-synthetic-cognition.
- ———. ‘The Architectural Continuum: Choropoietic Media and Post-Physical-World Environments’. In Architectonics of Game Spaces. The Spatial Logic of the Virtual and Its Meaning for the Real, edited by Andri Gerber and Ulrich Götz, 183–99. Bielefeld, Germany: Transcript, 2019. https://www.transcript-verlag.de/978-3-8376-4802-7/architectonics-of-game-spaces/.
- Artopoulos, Georgios, Constantinos Miltiadis, and Francesco Bagni. ‘Hybrid Heritagescapes as Urban Commons in Mediterranean Cities: Accessing the Deep-Rooted Spatial Interfaces of Cities’. In Neighbourhood & City -Analogue and Digital Perspectives, edited by Marluci Menezes and Carlos Smaniotto Costa, 81–96. Lisbon: Edições Lusófona, 2018.
- Gerber, David, Evangelos Pantazis, Biayna Bogosian, Alicia Nahmad, and Constantinos Miltiadis, eds. Computer-Aided Architectural Design. Design Imperatives: The Future Is Now. 19th International Conference, CAAD Futures 2021, Los Angeles, CA, USA, July 16–18, 2021, Selected Papers. Communications in Computer and Information Science. Springer, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-1280-1.
See also Researchgate.net,
and Academia.edu for older texts.